One more Holiday to go and it is my favorite, New Years! I have always loved New Years. Maybe it’s my free spirited nature, but I love any sign of a new beginning, a new chance to goal set and create a better me! Although, I do set goals all year and rarely have a so called New Years Revolution, I am thinking of how I can better myself in 2011! Are you?
So many people fail at their New Years Resolutions. There are many reasons why! Here are some suggestions if you are setting a New Years Resolution this year:
- Don’t call it a New Years Resolution. Call it a goal and create a map to where you want to be. Plan to goal set and achieve new heights through out the year. Not just January 1!
- Make sure your goal is specific, so you know exactly what you want. You won’t be able to create a plan to get there if your goal is hazy.
- Make sure your goal is measurable, so you can see progress and stay motivated. If your goal is to become more fit, get base line measurements and set goals for improving strength, endurance, flexibility, measurements, body fat, etc… make sure to re-test at regular intervals, so you can see improvement.
- Make sure you believe you can achieve the goal. If you don’t believe you can do it, guess what?? You won’t. I believe in you, now it’s time to believe in yourself.
- Make sure your goals are relevant to your passions in life. There is not use setting a goal if it does not measure up to who you truly are!
- Give your goal a time line. Even if you don’t make it to goal by the dates you outline, chances are you will be further along then you would have been without a time line.
I wish you the very best for a happy, healthy, and productive 2011! May all your dreams come true!