Many of my clients are starting exercise either for the first time or after decades of not being physically active. I am sure you may be in the same boat. Your safety is very important to me,so I have a few tips to help you stay safe.
Stop your activity right away if you (Please see your physician if you have any of the symptoms below):
- Have pain,tightness,or pressure in your chest or neck,shoulder,or arm.
- Feel dizzy or sick.
- Break out in a cold sweat.
- Have muscle cramps.
- Are extremely short of breath.
- Feel pain in your joints,feet,ankles,or legs. You could hurt yourself if you ignore the pain.
Wear Suitable Clothes
- Wear lightweight,loose-fitting tops so you can move easily.
- Wear clothes made of fabrics that absorb sweat and remove it from your skin.
- Never wear rubber or plastic suits. Plastic suits could hold the sweat on your skin and make your body overheat.
- Women should wear a good support bra.
- Wear supportive athletic shoes for weight-bearing activities.
- Wear a knit hat to keep you warm when you are physically active outdoors in cold weather. Wear a tightly woven,wide-brimmed hat in hot weather to help keep you cool and protect you from the sun.
- Wear sunscreen when you are physically active outdoors.
- Wear garments that prevent inner-thigh chafing,such as tights or spandex shorts.
Stay safe and enjoy your exercise program. Please let me know if you need additional information.